Salmorejo is a delicious cold tomato soup topped with Iberico ham and boiled egg. It is healthy, refreshing and fills you up 100%.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Skin the tomatoes. Tip: Cut a small cross in the bottom of each tomato. Scald the tomatoes by putting them in a large pot of salted water on the stove and bringing it to a boil. When the water is boiling add the tomatoes for 30-60 seconds. Remove immediately and place in a cold water bath. The skin will peel right off the tomatoes.
- Moisten the bread with a little water.
- Core the tomatoes and blend at high speed for 30 seconds until they are broken down.
- Add half of the wet bread to the blended tomatoes. You can add the rest of the bread gradually depending on the consistency that you prefer. (more liquid or thicker)
- Add the splash of vinegar, salt and garlic and blend until the soup is an even texture and the bread and tomatoes are completely broken down.
- Add the oil slowly while you are blending at a moderate speed. Taste and adjust the levels of salt, vinegar and oil to taste.
- Serve cold in small bowls topped with the diced hardboiled egg and sliced ham.
8 medium mature tomatoes
1 medium baguette (preferably from the day before)
1 cup of Extra Virgin Oil
1 Clove of Garlic
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
A Pinch of salt
2 hard boiled eggs
100 grams of Iberico cured Ham