Baked Tomato Eggs with Serrano Ham and Garlic Toast
The egg is baked in a tomato which is covered by ham slices, not only flavourful and savoury but also nutritious.
- Preheat oven to 200oC.
- Cut the top of each tomato. Remove the seeds and the juice inside the tomatoes by using a smack knife and a spoon.
- Wrap two slices of Serrano ham around each of the tomatoes – the ham should stick to the tomatoes.
- Put the tomatoes on a baking tray; break an egg into each one before baking in the oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- A few minutes before taking off the tomatoes from the oven, toast your ciabatta slices, rub a clove of garlic on each side and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Add some salt and pepper and then it is ready to be served.
Ingredients & Quantities:
4 small slices of ciabatta bread
1 clove garlic
4 slices Spanish Serrano ham
Some extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper