Pisto Manchego is a traditional fried vegetables dish, often accompanied with fried egg or sausages.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Chop the onion, wash the peppers, open them with a knife out the top and scrape the seeds, so they are perfectly clean. Then, cut them into small pieces or strips.
- Pour olive oil in a saucepan and bring it to medium heat. Start sautéing onions, simmering them and then the peppers, add salt and stir them with a wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Cut courgettes into cubes and add to the pan when the onion and pepper are half done. When the vegetables are soft, add the tomatoes.
- Fry all the vegetables and simmer for a few minutes, so the mixture takes in all the flavours. Continue stirring occasionally.
- It’s quite common to serve Pisto Manchego with fried egg, but this recipe can also be used as a side dish and eaten both hot and cold
2 medium courgettes
3 green peppers
1 red pepper
1 kg of ripe tomatoes
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 pinch salt