Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Cod
Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Cod, or Pimientos rellenos de bacalao, is a dish originating in northern Spain.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Place the cod in a saucepan with a bit of water, bring to boil and remove it. Shred the cod and keep the water.
- During the cod desalting process we recommend placing the pieces skin side up so that the salt flows easily.
- Finely chop the onion, green pepper and garlic. Put everything to fry over a low heat in a pan with a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- When the vegetables mix well with one another, add the cod and fry until the fish turns dark. Take everything off onto a plate and keep the juice of the ingredients which was left in the pan.
- Fill the peppers with this mixture and place it on a baking sheet, spread it with oil, and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- For the sauce, heat the broth in a saucepan where you cooked the cod, let it reduce slightly and add cream. Season it.
- Decorate the plate with the sauce in the middle and place the roasted peppers on the top. Brush the peppers over with a little of olive oil and serve.
400 gr of flaked salt cod
12 piquillo peppers
250 gr of onion
100 gr green pepper
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons cream
Extra virgin olive oil