Montillana Artichokes with Iberico Ham
Artichokes & Iberico Ham recipe, called Montillana because uses the driest of the traditional varieties of Sherry and Montilla-Moriles fortified wines.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Clean the artichokes, removing tough leaves and leaving hearts very clean.
- Pour plenty of oil in a pan, enough to cover the artichokes, they must be submerged. Keep them at about 70˚C until golden because it slows the frying process. Take out the artichokes from the oil and put them to the side.
- Fry the chopped garlic until golden. Add one tablespoon of flour and beat them together.
- Pour a glass of white wine over the mix. Add saffron threads. Let it boil until sauce is reduced.
- Halfway through cooking, add the artichoke hearts and the Iberico Ham to mix the flavours and season to taste. Let it boil until the sauce is thick.
- To serve, pour a few drops of truffle balsamic vinegar.
500 ml olive oil
1.5 kg of artichokes
4 garlic cloves
350 gr of Iberico ham
250 ml of Fino wine
1 pinch saffron
2 pinch salt
1 tsp flour