Lentils with Chorizo and Black Pudding
An incredible taste from Spanish cuisine, the soup is made of lentils, chorizo and black pudding.
Ingredients & Quantities:4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil2 cloves garlic2 celery sticks 2 medium sized carrots4 medium sized potatoes500 gr cooked lentils150 gr chorizo150 gr black pudding1 tsp ground cumin1 table spoon Paprika3 pinch salt
- Crush the garlic cloves, slice thickly the celeries, carrots and black pudding. Peel the potatoes and cut into medium cubes, rinse the cooked lentils, slice the chorizos.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large and heavy-based pan at medium heat. Add the garlic and fry it for 1 minute. Put the celery and carrots, sauté again for a few minutes more.
- Add the chorizo slices and continue to sauté until the chorizo slices are lightly browned. Add the paprika and sauté for a few seconds.
- Once your chorizo slices are lightly browned; add the potato cubes, cooked lentils, black pudding slices and ground cumin and put enough water to cover it all.
- Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Stir occasionally, if needed add a little extra water.
- When the soup is thick and the potatoes are cooked, season with salt and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread.
2 pinch black pepper