Iberico Ham Croquettes
Creamy, smooth and very tasty croquettes. Croquetas are a sure hit as an appetizer or an afternoon snack with a glass of beer or wine.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Put the milk to boil in a pot along with the ham bone. Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- To another pan add the 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Once it is hot, fry the onion until it is translucent and then add the ham, also finely chopped and sauté all together. Add the flour, stir well and let cook over a very low heat for about 10 minutes. Gradually add the milk mixture (which is infused with the flavour of the ham bone) and stir well to avoid lumps. Leave to cook for a further 10 or so minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it sticking to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and add nutmeg.
- Put the mixture into a wide, shallow container and let it cool in the refrigerator 4 or 5 hours - or EVEN better, overnight.
- After that, let’s make the croquettes: Take pieces of dough the size you like (maybe use a spoon as a guide), shape them into rounds and then coat them, first in beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the croquettes in plenty of hot olive oil and.... They are ready to enjoy!
200g chopped ham
5 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons flour
700 ml milk (1 LITRE = 1000ML)
1 ham bone
150 g onion (FINELY CHOPPED ONION)
2 eggs beaten