Green asparagus with Serrano ham
Fresh green asparagus wrapped in a thin slice of Serrano ham. It's a simple and elegant Spanish recipe.
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus.
- Drop the asparagus into a large pan of boiling salted water and blanch for 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears.
- Remove the spears and set them on a plate to cool. Transfer asparagus onto a paper towel to drain.
- Lay out a slice of Serrano ham and place 1 asparagus on top, wrap the ham around the asparagus. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat until all asparagus spears are wrapped.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the asparagus for 30 seconds.
- Serve on a wooden cutting board as a ‘Tapa’
Ingredients & Quantities:
6 green asparagus
1 tbsp Spanish extra virgin olive oil
6 slices of Serrano ham
salt and black pepper