Gazpacho is a soup made of vegetables, with a tomato base, and served cold. The recipe originated from Andalusia, Spain.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Rinse the tomatoes and take off the stems, peel the garlic clove, the cucumber and the onion into 3 or 4 pieces. Then, rinse the pepper, remove the leftover seeds and chop them.
- Place the piece of bread in a bowl of water. Then, when it is soaked, pour all the water out and squeeze the soaked bread, put it aside.
- Put the onion, garlic, pepper, tomatoes and squeezed bread in a blender or food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and blend them until they are finely chopped but make sure they aren’t too smooth.
- The result must be creamy with some consistency. Add extra virgin olive oil, wine vinegar and salt.
- Mix it all and pour into a bowl covered with a foil before chilling it in the fridge for at least 2 hours to overnight. Do not put the bowl in the freezer.
- Serve in bowls with basil on top.
6 large fresh juicy tomatoes
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 green pepper
1 slice white French bread
5tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4tbsp wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt