Spanish Fabada Beans with Pork
Traditional stew from Asturias, made with beans, chorizo, black pudding and panceta. A simple way to make one ofSpain’sfamous recipes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and garlic until golden.Add the compango (chorizo, black pudding and pancetta) and cook it slowly until it starts to foam.
- Add 1.5 litres of water to the saucepan and 2 inches of smoked hot paprika and salt. Cook it slowly for 40 minutes.
- Add the cooked giant beans to the saucepan and cook them for another 25 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- The Fabada will be ready when the broth begins to thicken.Put the compango on a side,cut and distribute it on the plates. Add the beans with the broth.
- This recipe is made with cooked beans, if they aren’t cooked, they must stayin cold water overnight. Also, the beans must be added at the same time asthe compango.
800 gr Cooked Giant Beans
1 Compango (Chorizo, black pudding and pancetta)
3 tsp Extra Olive Oil
2 pinch hot smoked paprika
1 bulb garlic peeled