Croquettes with Manchego Cheese
Manchego Croquetas - are small, lightly breaded and fried sort of fritter made of Manchego cheese and smashed potatoes. Buttery, smooth and very tasty.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. Once boiled, peel and smash them with a fork until you get a homogeneous puree.
- Mix the smashed potatoes with the Manchego cheese you previously grated, 3 egg yolks and butter.
- Beat the whites of three eggs until stiff and mix with the mass obtained above.
- Beat an egg in a bowl and add the bread crumbs in another dish. Form the dough, make small croquettes, dip them in the beaten egg and sprinkle the breadcrumbs.
- Fry them in very hot oil until they get golden brown. Serve hot or cold accompanied by a salad and a little mayonnaise.
250 gr Cured Manchego Cheese
800 gr potato
50 gr butter
Salt and pepper