Chicken Stuffed with Chorizo and Mozzarella
Delicious chicken breast with chorizo and melted mozzarella. Serve hot or cold with a green salad.
- Slice the mozzarella into 4 pieces, beat the egg, and slice the chorizo.
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Make a cut with a knife down one side of each chicken breast to open it.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and beat with a rolling pin to flatten out. Lay 3 slices of chorizo on each breast, a slice of mozzarella and 2 leaves of basil.
- Season with pepper and fold over to cover the filling. Secure with a toothpick.
- Season the egg and dip each chicken breast in egg and breadcrumbs to coat.
- Put the coated chicken breasts on a baking tray, scatter with the olive oil and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through, turning once during cooking.
Ingredients & Quantities:
4 chicken breasts
100 grams Chorizo
125 gr Mozzarella
8 fresh basil leaves
1 medium egg
50 gr fresh white breadcrumbs
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil