Artichoke and Jamon Empanadas
A genuine Spanish empanada made of authentic Iberian products: artichokes, iberico ham and Manchego cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 210-220°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Drain and chop the artichokes. Chop some iberico ham, grate the Manchego cheese. Separate the yolk of the egg and beat it lightly.
- Mix the chopped artichokes in a bowl with the chopped ham, cheese and beaten egg yolk. Season with black pepper and the salt.
- Cut the pastry into 6-7 cm circles. Put a little of the mixture into the centre of each pastry round, fold the circle over, to form a semicircle.
- Pinch the pastry together to seal. Place them on the baking trays. Brush your empanadas with egg white.
- Place them in the preheated oven and bake them approximately for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Ingredients & Quantities:
150 gr cooked artichokes
75 gr iberico ham
125 gr semi-cured Manchego cheese
250 gr ready-roled puff pastry
2 pinch black pepper
2 pinch salt