Chickpeas and Chorizo
A traditional Spanish chickpeas and chorizo meal. It can be served as a meal or as a tapa.
- Firstly, be advised to soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. When you are getting ready to cook, slice the chorizos and chop the parsley.
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a saucepan, add the cinnamon stick and cloves, and fill the pan with fresh cold water.
- Boil and simmer covered until the chickpeas are cooked and softened, approximately for 45 minutes. If needed, you can add more water while cooking. Drain.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Then, put the garlic and onion in and fry it quickly, stir occasionally till all are mixed well and softened.
- Add chorizo for 3-4 minutes till slightly browned. Add the drained chickpeas and stir for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Add salt and black pepper, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
250 gr dried chickpeas2 cloves1 cinnamon stick4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil1 garlic clove1 small onion350 gr chorizo3 pinch salt2 pinch black pepper1/3 cup parsley
Ingredients & Quantities: