Chicken and Chorizo Roast
Chicken and Chorizo Roast is a rustic dish with personality and a great flavour combination. It’s very easy to cook and the oven does most of the job.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Preheat the oven to around 180˚C/200˚C. Put a baking tray with non-stick baking paper in.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper. Cut the potatoes into wedges or slices, cut the onions into not very thin pieces.
- Put it all together in the oven and add whole garlic cloves with skin, cayenne, thyme, cherry tomatoes, rosemary, asparagus spears and 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into thick slices. Sprinkle with a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and let it heat for about 30 minutes at 200˚C.
- Add the chopped chorizo, olives and white wine. Cook it in the oven for 30–35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked throughout and the chorizo is crispy, depending on the type of your oven.
- You can put some seasoning on the top, such as thyme and rosemary, to make it even tastier.
1.6 kg chicken, cut into pieces
250 g of chorizo sausages
90 g green olives
250 g cherry tomatoes
8 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
8 medium potatoes
Handful asparagus spears, woody ends snapped off
2 red peppers150 ml of white wine