Cachopo – Filled, Breaded Steak
Cachopo is a traditional meal from Asturian cuisine. Two large beef steaks filled with Serrano Ham, Cheese & Peppers. It’s eaten fried after being breaded in egg.
Ingredients & Quantities:
- Season the fillets with salt and black pepper.
- On the top put two steaks, sliced Serrano Ham, spread the beef fillet throughout it. Over the ham, place roasted piquillo peppers and tender cheese in the same way that the Serrano is placed.
- Cover the steak with another steak. It must be two steaks and, in the middle, cheese and serrano ham and piquillo peppers. Make sure that the stuffing does not get out of the fillets.
- Beat 4 eggs with a little salt. Pour the eggs onto a tray. Put the flour and breadcrumbs in another two trays.
- Careful not to disassemble it, ooze the Cachopo in flour on both sides, then bathe the Cachopo with the eggs, and, finally, dip in breadcrumbs. The Cachopo must be well covered in breadcrumbs.
- Place a pan over medium heat and pour plenty of oil for frying. When the oil is hot, put the Cachopo in for 6 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- When the Cachopo is fried, remove it from the pan and put it on a tray with absorbent paper. Leave for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with chips and mushrooms.
4 large beef fillets
150 gr San Isidro Cheese
150 gr Serrano Ham
300 gr Piquillo Peppers
100 gr wheat flour
150 gr breadcrumbs
4 free range eggs